[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [council] For your review - EPDP Initiation Request and EPDP Team Charter Templates

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 12:01:27 EEST 2018

Hi,

Le jeu. 14 juin 2018 à 17:56, Arsène Tungali <arsenebaguma at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> > Hi ,
> >

> I AGREE. Maybe have Chair and co-chair from the community and have the
> facilitator as the 3rd person in leadership (from outside).

my proposal was to have the facilitator and/or mediator as resource to be
called when needed, they are not part of leadership

> > There is also the idea of legal counsel we should introduce more in the
> > discussion. that is important to be agreed in term of resourcing.
>
> Is this position of legal councel be considered as part of the
> leadership and be permanent? Or just someone we can look up to when
> needed?

 no legal counsel is a resource not a leaderhsip. based on CWG/CCWG
experiences, they are only called when there is agreement on what to ask
them for advices (for budgeting reasons) .

> > for board, 1 liaison will be enough as board wll organize its work via a
> > board caucus and monitor the discussion. we need to be careful about the
> > number as we also want to keep representation from SO/AC to 1 and so
> > keeping the overall EPDP team size small.
>
> Have we ever agreed on the number of reps per SG here? I still think
> we need at least 2 members per SG. One of the reasons is a back up but
> also, two members can discuss a point of view and agree rather than
> having the point of view of one. That's my opinion.

we discussed that and I think we have agreement among us that 3 per SG is
ok for us.