[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [Accred-Model] Version 1.7 of the Accreditation and Access Model

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sun Jul 22 13:41:11 EEST 2018

I do agree that we should not accept an access model that has been developed informally, in isolation, by one segment of the community, however it seems very likely that this model (or something very similar to it) will be rolled out during the few weeks that the EPDP team has to develop an initial report.

So I think an annotated version of their model, laying out what should be our objections to it, would be an incredibly useful resource. Better to work on this now and to be able to immediately table it when their proposal is put forward. If you could produce this Stephanie, it would not be in vain... similarly for the annotated temp spec, this would be very helpful.

I think we also need to document somewhere why we think this EPDP is bound for failure (section J, excessive SO/AC participation, etc.) so we can refer back to this in the future when it inevitably happens. One of the issues with the GDPR was that while I know we (or at least Stephanie) had been calling ICANN out for its lack of adherence to the law, there was never a statement I could find, dated a few years in advance, calling for ICANN to comply with the GDPR. I think it would be useful if we prepared a small repository of either the abstentions or a short comment *dated ahead of the first EPDP meeting* that outlined our concerns and fears.

Best wishes, Ayden