[NCSG-PC] call for volunteers for EPDP team / Selection process

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 03:02:52 EEST 2018

Hi all,

I accepted most the changes for the draft call
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YoV5UeR03Q9tFuhxDsWjbfftb4O8q2WZnRg-TRCD8nc/edit?ts=5b45fde2
.

We shall receive soon the letter from GNSO about the appointment to EPDP
team. I will update the draft with the latest relevant text (statement of
participation and requirements) and other relevant annexes from that call.

Due to the time constraint, I will send the call this Thursday. there may
some text that can be tweaked but I think we shouldn't spend more time
doing that.  We cannot change the deadline as the date for sending names
around the 20th. We should encourage candidates to apply but please be
careful and indicate that doesn't mean automatic selection.

Selection:
There is a matrix for review and ranking in the document, please check it
and let's discuss how we will manage the selection:
- Review: we will do individually the ranking based on the compiled
applications (Maryam and I will work on the format for the matrix to get
everyone input and including applicants info)
- Deliberations: last time for an appointment to SSC, the deliberations
didn't happen in the PC list but with conference calls and private email
thread. I don't have any strong preference (public or private) but in term
of transparency, we can make the list of applicants public, taking notes of
the process. Please share your thought on the matter. I think we will have
at least one conference call, to be recorded and transcribed and so
available when needed.
- Decision-making: we work with rough consensus and we need to have a
strong support for each representative to be appointed. The ranking will
help us partly in splitting between members and alternates (it also depends
on people choice).

this temporary process will be documented and updated.  All those elements
will be helpful as input for general PC procedures related to the
appointment (Farzaneh and me working on updating the draft to be shared
soon).

later on, we can work on preparing for EPDP itself, more on substance,  and
how we will liaise with the members. Several suggestions are made and
indicated in the call for volunteers itself. NCSG PC has a role in term of
support and input including regular EPDP related calls, giving guidance to
representatives and getting regular updates.