[NCSG-PC] Comment on Membership structure of EPDP

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 08:58:07 EEST 2018

Hi,

As we discussed in NCSG list, I think we can argue equality and balance as
argument. No idea what is the right number as it is not vote-based, however
we can suggest follow to follow council composition. The only drawback is
that makes the team quite big in term of size. The other option is 3 per
SG. We can strategize how to use that for negotiation. I guess proposing
first option (council model)  can lead to the 2nd option (3 for each) at
the end.

With regard to AC rep, while we can argue for 1 for SSAC, ALAC, ccNSO(there
is no indication they want to participate), GAC was pushing and being vocal
for 5 reps. So 3 would be a compromise. I understand there is desire to
have 1 rep for all as redline but wondering how much it is feasible.

I would say numbers won't matter if representatives are not enough active,
something to have in mind when we will do selection.