[NCSG-PC] Fw: [Gnso-sc-budget] Where is CROP in the FY19 Budget?

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 21:54:24 EET 2018

I would like to clarify something here.

CROP most definitely became a part of core budget to the extent that the
decisions that were made on last year's ABR referred to as it being a part
of the core budget. There was no discussion to remove it. Please look at
the decisions on ABRs which I have attached and copy pasted one of the
decisions below to the request for expansion of CROP:

FY18-10- BC-Outreach Events BC Request for CROPP Program Travel Slot
Expansion (Yes-Core)(0)(Benedetta Rossi) After four consecutive and
successful calendar years in its pilot phase, the Community Regional
Outreach Pilot Program (CROPP) has now become a core project provided to
the community via the Policy Development Support department budget. For
FY18, travel allocations for eligible GNSO constituencies will be increased
to five regional travelers for the fiscal year to conduct outreach
activities via traditional collaboration with ICANN's regional VPs. See
FY18-65 for further information on the newly labeled “CROP” Program.

If something has become a part of the CORE BUDGET, its removal has to be
done transparently with justification. If it has been removed from the core
budget we must know about it. I don't think we need to speculate whether it
was pilot or not pilot, We were informed that it became a part of the core
budget, their responses to our ABRs last year are evidence to that.

Best

Farzaneh

Farzaneh