[NCSG-PC] Draft Agenda for NCSG Monthly Policy Call 20th December

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Dec 14 20:13:08 EET 2018

Better add this to the list.  http://domainincite.com/23751-exclusive-gang-of-10-to-work-on-making-icann-the-whois-gatekeeper

I am pretty annoyed about this.  Why do we continue to support the myth that this organization operates as an MS policy development group?

Farcical.

SO

On 2018-12-13 20:10, Rafik Dammak wrote:
Hi,

I am sharing the draft agenda for our NCSG policy call next Monday and highlighting the topics we should focus on.

EPDP will be covered substantively as we will be close to the public comment deadline. It will be also a good opportunity to give some updates from EPDP team representatives. We will also discuss the response to Board letter on EPDP and plan B to GNSO council.

We also have the IGO-INGO topic again in the agenda. Council leadership will work on proposing a framework to move forward. I can tell you that GAC is being pushy (and ICANN board following this issue closely). This has an impact on council and future PDPs. There is expectation that everyone get familairized with the issue, at least the documents shared previously (also the webinar we had in October)

PDP 3.0 implementation plan and SPS agenda will be discussed. Councillors are expected to prepare for the SPS.
Please feel free to suggest or amend agenda items. I am not sure about other relevant topics.

I. Introduction
II. GNSO Council Call Preparation

  *   Council agenda:https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/agenda-council-20dec18-en.pdf

III. Policy Update
- Policy topics:
  * EPDP discussion: initial report public comments and outstanding items
  * PDPs & Review Teams Update
- Public comments status:  https://www.icann.org/public-comments#open-public  & list of volunteers https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Public+Comments+-+2018

IV. Misc
   -  ICANN budget and operating plan for FY20 (to be published in 17th Dec)
   - Any other topic?

Best Regards,