[NCSG-PC] The NCPH Nomination Process for the GNSO Chair Elections

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 05:49:20 EEST 2018

Hi Farzaneh,

Thanks for managing this,
as I would like to get nominated for the GNSO chair election by NCPH, I
cannot really comment on the different steps  even it is unlikely to be
used for this election but I can at least pointfor 2 possible issue:
- it doesn't seem the process assume that the NCPH VC may run and factor
that in the process accordingly (except removing him for the facilitation
if they are running)
- for last part of bullet 12/
"If the SGs do not agree on a nominee by the deadline, they will not put
forward anyone and inform the GNSO Secretariat that they could not agree on
a nomination. The individual SGs then would have the option of supporting
the Contracted Party House nominee or any other nomination put forward."
this can be confusing as it may mean that SG can go ahead and nominate
someone while only the house can do so. better to rephrase that language.