[NCSG-PC] Proposal : Quick Guidelines for Public Comment Writing

dorothy g dgdorothydg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 01:42:11 EEST 2018

Good job Farell. I am sure people will find this helpful. My first point
would be most people will not read long comments. A few staffers have no
choice but to read them and summarize them. Our goal should be to be
succinct.  This usually takes more effort but it should help us to be clear
and less subject to misinterpretation.  We should also avoid emotional
statements (in general).

My next question would be, how do we evaluate the effectiveness of a public
comment? How often are our concerns taken into account in final decision
making? In drafting comments we need to understand the policy context and
mindset of the eventual decision makers.

best