[NCSG-PC] Fwd: [council] Placeholder motion for ATRT3 nominations

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sat Sep 9 13:42:06 EEST 2017

I have just reviewed the SSC's mailing list, and am concerned with the ranking of candidates. For a Review Team designed to help improve the transparency and accountability of ICANN, I am surprised that Michael Karanicolas has not been ranked higher by the SSC. I trust that our representatives on the SSC are working to ensure the GNSO's nominations are balanced and qualified, but given we only have the power to 'force' through three representatives, I'd have hoped Michael would rank a little higher. I also think at least one of the three should be female, but that being said I am not familiar with the candidate pool of those who applied.

Just my thoughts; I am certainly not looking to undermine the dedicated work of our appointed representatives on the SSC.

—Ayden