[NCSG-PC] Welcome to new councillors

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 06:56:47 EEST 2017

Hi Arsene,

Thanks for the response,

> Dear Rafik,
>
> Thanks for the warm welcome to the PC list. It is good to join you here
> and looking forward to collaborating.
>
> Would you kindly share any emerging issues that you think we will be
> working on very soon? Something that will help us know where to start?

Also, please do expand on what you mean by council tasks or any work load
> where we need to collaborate.

I am not sure how much you are aware about council role, responsabilities
and work, and so hard for me to respond to your question but in general:
We usually cover ongoing topics in our regular NCSG Policy call prior to
council calls, also by sharing info in NCSG main list when something of
interests should be discussed like public comments.
a good start would be to read the GNSO operating procedures (
https://gnso.icann.org/en/council/procedures) to get a good understanding
of council role and tasks in managing the policy process and other matters
related to GNSO. For policies, the project list is the starting point to
get a quick snapshot about their status
https://gnso.icann.org/en/council/project , also checking other material
like the background brief from the last ICAN meeting
https://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/policy-briefing .