[NCSG-PC] GNSO Chair election

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 15:41:53 EEST 2017

Hi,

While I expressed interest to put my name for chair election, I am fine
with running for vice-chair instead considering the current
context.  taking the opportunity to run as vice-chair seems more reasonable
for the time being. We had a call with Heather last week and also ongoing
discussion between councilors about the nomination. I understand there may
some concerns but we can play our role to keep GNSO leadership on track. it
also seems that both groups didn't start the process in due time, nor we
had a process to start with.

I advise that we go with supporting Heather nomination from NCPH and
continue the discussion with CSG about vice-chair position and election
processes (not waiting for intersessional to do the later).

We have few hours left, so we should share our decision with CSG asap and
make the nomination before midnight at UTC time.