[NCSG-PC] [NCUC-DISCUSS] NCSG comments on the SO/AC Accountability recommendations

Matthew Shears matthew at intpolicy.com
Fri May 26 19:47:41 EEST 2017

Based upon Ed's suggestion I have edited the doc to read as follows:

The NCSG recommends a change to the ICANN Bylaws at Sec 4.6 b, and
adding to documented procedures for Accountability and Transparency
reviews.  For example, the following could be added to the Bylaws
§4.6(ii): (G) assessing and improving accountability procedures of the
Supporting Organisations and Advisory Committees.  The specifics, such
as the recommendations in the report, could be left to lesser mechanisms.

Thoughts?
Matthew

On 26/05/2017 14:32, Matthew Shears wrote:

> 	This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing <http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing> 	Feedback <http://aka.ms/SafetyTipsFeedback>
>
> Hi Ed - elegant solution.  I'm good with that.
>
> Thanks!
>

> On 26/05/2017 13:11, Edward Morris wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>> Don't forget during WS2 Bylaw changes are fairly easy when they occur
>> as a result of a CCWG recommendation. If we want something in the
>> Bylaws linking SOAC accountability to the ATRT  the time to do it is
>> now. If we want to be vague, something I agree with for the reasons
>> you mentioned, how about proposing:
>> Add to §4.6(ii) the following subsection:
>> (G) assessing and improving accountability procedures of the
>> Supporting Organisations and Advisory Committees.
>> The specifics, such as the recommendations in the report, could be
>> left to lesser mechanisms.
>> I do think it is important to get some mention in the Bylaws putting
>> SOAC accountability reviews within the remit of future ATRT's.
>> Ed

>>> Rafik
>>> <mailto:matthew at intpolicy.com>>:
>>>
>>>     Yes, final comments today, please.  I will resolve in the AM.
>>>
>>>     Matthew

>>>     -- Matthew Shears matthew at intpolicy.com
>>>     <mailto:matthew at intpolicy.com> +447712472987
>>>     <tel:+44%207712%20472987> Skype:mshears