[NCSG-PC] Drafting/Documenting NCSG Policy Committee Procedures

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon May 8 07:58:13 EEST 2017

hi all,

by the previous discussion we are having lately with regard to board seat
election, SSC appointment, comments endorsement, involving and engaging
NCSG membership, I would like to propose that we kick-off a discussion on
Policy Committee procedures, processes, working methods, and guidelines.

We can start by listing some items to cover first and work with NCSG EC for
reviewing them and consulting NCSG membership after agreeing on a tentative
timeline to get this done.

Getting those procedures are overdue and will definitely help us for our
work and it is one of the provision of NCSG charter to be filled. Some
ideas for starters:

   - Drafting and approving NCSG Statements
   - Council Motions (engage with members and other councilors on how one
   intends to vote with rationale)
   - Appointments and selection process for NCSG representative
   - Decision making
   - Board Seat #14 selection process (as internal process)
   - GNSO Council Chair and Vice Chair selection process (as internal
   process)
   - NCSG PC Chair and Vice Chair selection process

I am volunteering to start drafting a strawman and sharing that with the
policy committee but I am looking for others to join the effort and
volunteer too.