[NCSG-PC] [URGENT] NCSG Statement on the ALAC Review

avri doria avri at apc.org
Fri Mar 24 14:00:32 EET 2017

Hi,

Thank you for accepting most of the edits.

I read through it again since I could not find the notes on the edits
you did not accept.  Found 2 more typos while doing it that I have
suggested edits for.

Also I see you retained:

> *We are hesitant to note - but feel an obligation to lay this fact on
> the table - that the NCSG accomplishes as much, if not more, than
> At-Large does, while receiving only a fraction of the support.*

to which I commented:

This is boastful, and unverifiable. I wonder if it is true. And wonder
what the metrics are for determining this.Also as pointed out a few
times in terms of budget, the ALC/At-Large is the equivalent,
organizationally of G-Council and GSNO. I think it adds nothing but
fight to the note. . If budgets and output are to be compared, that
would be a more appropriate comparison.Not that I recommend saying that
either.  It is not a competition.

In any case, as an observer, at this point will not object to this
comment as currently offered.

Avri