[NCSG-PC] Fwd: YOUR FEEDBACK REQUESTED: Planning for 2018 NCPH Intersessional & GNSO Council strategic planning sessions

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Fri Jul 28 14:22:40 EEST 2017

Thanks Ayden,

Much appreciated in response to Stephanie email, I totally concur with
majority of your comments. However  for the intersessional, Cost in terms
of  travel and easier access I suggest we stick to Iceland as the last one
showed, it ticked all the boxes.  So for me the way Iceland has made their
destination very flexible and appealing as a transit hub to Europe, North
America and others, makes it a good choice.  Flight cost and easy transit
from Europe makes it a perfect fit to me.  My 0.000001% addition.

Kind Regards

Poncelet

On 28 July 2017 at 11:57, Ayden Férdeline <icann at ferdeline.com> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing this, Stephanie, and for inviting our feedback.
>
> I think the two meetings should be held separately at different times of
> the year, as they serve different purposes and cater to different audiences
> [with some overlap].
>
> I understand that ICANN staff try only to travel during business hours,
> but some of our participants might find it easier to be able to travel to a
> meeting over a weekend and to have the meeting commence on a Sunday. I am
> not sure what others think about this suggestion, particularly those on the
> GNSO Council who would be impacted here, but just putting that idea out
> there...
>
> For the GNSO Council Strategic Planning Meeting, it makes sense to me to
> have this in Los Angeles given it is the closest ICANN office for the
> majority of the likely participants.
>
> For the Intersessional (which I think should continue, though I understand
> that is not a view held by all) I also think Los Angeles makes a lot of
> sense, though I understand the participant profiles vary, and it may be
> very difficult for many of the Intersessional participants to travel to the
> United States. Based on the participant profiles of everyone who attended
> the Intersessional this year, I believe Mexico City would be much easier
> for everyone to travel to [anyone with an existing US or Canadian visa does
> not need a visa to enter Mexico, and for many in Latin America, Mexico’s
> immigration policies are very fair]. It would also be a rather economical
> choice.
>
> Best wishes, Ayden Férdeline

Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240