[NCSG-PC] GDPR Model

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Fri Dec 22 17:09:22 EET 2017

We need to rapidly get this on our radar.

In this blog post, ICANN claims to have "made it a high priority to find a path forward to ensure compliance with the GDPR while maintaining WHOIS to the greatest extent possible" and is "look[ing] to settle on a compliance model by the end of January".

They indicate, "Before 15 January 2018, we want to publish for Public Comment proposed compliance models... To help us meet this deadline, please submit your feedback before 10 January 2018."

It is probably advisable that we submit some feedback here and do not miss this deadline.

—Ayden