[NCSG-PC] Welcome to new PC members

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Dec 21 15:21:08 EET 2017

Hi Nick, Farell-

We typically develop initial drafts of our statements on this public mailing list. If we do not, it is developed first on the NCUC or NPOC list and then taken here for a final read through. We do have the wiki (which I do not personally consider useful) and a Trello (which is public and open for anyone to view, but we do not use it all that often). There has before been the suggestion that we need a better system for tracking the progress of comments, and I think Slack would be a good system for doing that. The NCUC used to use RocketChat (basically open source Slack) and it was well-utilised, yet for some reason it was retired. This might be something we consider using again in the future.

But for now, the mailing list does work. I worry about the longevity of Google Doc links, so for archive purposes I like to download the document as a pdf and attach it to the initial message I send to this list when I first send a draft of a statement through to this list. I then do the same after significant revisions, and when we have a 'final' copy of the text.

—Ayden