[NCSG-PC] GNSO Outreach

Dr. Tatiana Tropina t.tropina at mpicc.de
Mon Dec 11 21:02:56 EET 2017

I am of two minds about this,

while I certainly agree with Ayden's arguments -- I think we might give
it a go and see how it turns out.  Many of those attending our outreach
still don't understand that we are a part of GNSO, what GNSO is doing,
how do we participate in the dynamics -- so we always still show only a
piece of the puzzle. This does create confusion especially for the
newcomers -- to show what policy is about we might want to show what
GNSO is doing as a whole, what the SGs and houses are, why are we a part
of it, how it is connected to the fact that we have a narrow mission,
how we fit a bigger picture.

So I would be in favour to give it a go. I remember before our
experiment in Copenhagen with Euralo there were also arguments that we
are sharing the prime time, but it worked well. We won't know until we try.

However, back to Ayden's arguments - if it's less than 2,5 - 3 hours
outreach, I would rather be a bit skeptic.

Cheers,

Tanya