[NCSG-PC] Fwd: CSG Position on Board Seat 14

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Mon Apr 24 20:25:34 EEST 2017

Congratulations, Matthew!

----- Forwarded message from Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> -----

Subject: CSG Position on Board Seat 14
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 12:38:53 -0400
From: Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>
To: Tapani Tarvainen <tapani.tarvainen at effi.org>, "rafik.dammak at gmail.com" <rafik.dammak at gmail.com>
Cc: "Wilson, Christopher" <cwilson at 21cf.com>, WUKnoben <wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de>

Dear Tapani and Rafik,

The IPC, BC, and ISPCP have each deliberated regarding the current
candidates for the  NCPH-nominated Board seat.  The groups have conferred
and arrived at a common position.  Rather than nominating a candidate
chosen by (and possibly from) the CSG at this time, or supporting the
incumbent, the CSG constituencies choose to support Matthew Shears.

We believe there can be great value in nominating from within the
community. Matthew's efforts and contributions during the transition were
noticed by many in the CSG community.  Of course, there should be no
requirement that the nominee be from the community.  However, the level of
engagement with and understanding of the community that Matt brings will be
much welcomed.  We look forward to supporting Matt in his candidacy and on
the Board, and hope this sets a new paradigm for the NCPH seat.

Best regards,

Greg Shatan
on behalf of the CSG

*Greg Shatan *C: 917-816-6428