[NCSG-PC] Agreed Action Item from SSC Representative Selection Call

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 3 18:55:58 EEST 2017

I thought, since there are all kinds of allegations swirling around that
there are "secret lists" and Tapani has recused himself from the
process, that when I brought up this matter during our meeting last
week, there was agreement there would be a report back to the entire
discuss list explaining how this process was being run, and dismissing
the allegations of secret lists (copy my email to Tapani if you wish, he
has not replied to me yet).

We are making a mountain out of a molehill here with this debate over
which of the two remaining candidates we select, in my view.  As Stefi
said, this is not the election for POTUS.  However, I think it is
important that subcommittees of the GNSO are not popularity contests,
they are staffed according to merit.  I look forward to seeing a clear
process outlined.  If there is not going to be one, we might as well
just vote on list and get it over with.  Last time the call was almost
two hours, not 1.5.  Most of us are very busy.

Stephanie Perrin