[NCSG-PC] Agreed Action Item from SSC Representative Selection Call

matthew shears mshears at cdt.org
Mon Apr 3 01:14:04 EEST 2017

Hi all

As I noted in my e-mail last week announcing the selection of Renata and
Poncelet, the process to select the third member for the SSC continues
this week.

To respond to Ayden's concerns below I must reemphasize the following:

We are meeting as a subgroup of the NCSG PC this week to continue our
deliberations.   It is our goal to announce our decision on the third
slot of the SSC by CoB Friday.

There is no secret list or whatever - the group comprises, as indicated
before, the following PC members: Ayden, Juan Manuel, Marilia, Martin,
Stefania, Stephanie and myself.

We will be following the same process as we did for Renata and Poncelet:
a discussion of the merits of the candidates according to the
information we have and the criteria that have been developed.

We are doing our very best to make sure that this selection process
delivers the best possible members for the community.  I hope that you
trust that we will do so.

Thanks again for your support in this process.

Matthew

(Note - I am transitioning to a new e-mail address: matthew at intpolicy.com)

On 02/04/2017 17:04, Ayden Férdeline wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On the call last Wednesday to select our representatives for the
> SSC, I thought an agreed action item was that a message would be sent
> to the main NCSG mailing list clarifying how we have been making our
> appointments to the SSC, and squashing the unfair rumour that has been
> percolating that there had been been a 'secret list' of some kind. I
> have not seen this email just yet, but I hope it will be circulated
> soon, and will also outline the process we will follow this Friday to
> select our final representative for the SSC.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ayden

Matthew Shears
Global Internet Policy and Human Rights