[NCSG-FC] Fw: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Call for NCUC Appointee to the Finance Committee - Open until August 3rd

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Tue Jul 23 17:23:03 EEST 2019

Bruna,

I appreciate your suggestion that conversations of substance should not
run ahead of processes. None of that has happened here. We are trying to
clear up some misunderstanding of the current situation.

In reponse to your request for "a little bit about experiences at the
FC", my comments will be short since I am not a candidate. They are
intended to give one a sense of what working with me is like.

/I worked with Ed Morris (now left NCSG) in the resuscitation of the
then moribund Financial Committee several years ago. It had done
little/nothing for a long time. We looked at the 2011 Charter where its
terms-of-reference are way out of date since they had assumed that NCSG
would have income from dues and other sources. It does not. I had to
pull back from ICANN involvement for the past couple of years while I
dealt with personal issues (collapse of late-in-life mistaken second
marriage. I am explicit on this since I want to rule out worries that it
was work or health related) but I am back. With other hats I am also the
treasurer of a modest organization that does have revenues and
expenditures.  As a board member elsewheree, serving as Chairs and
Presidents, I know both due process and the issues that can emerge. I am
good at mediating disputes in the search for consensus.
/

/Sam L, NPOC/