[NCSG-FC] NCSG Additional Budget Request (ABR) Form - Invitation to edit

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:31:23 EET 2019

Thanks Farzi, I think we are trying to follow the same ad hoc process that
was conducted in the past year. I will send the form to both lists now in
order to ease the process.

Remmy, re. what you said I think we have a problem. While we are in need of
volunteers to help draft the ABRs and even get some ideas around (if you
had any you could help us by sharing them on the list), the Finance
Committee is basically saying this is not their job to do - while writing
ABRs is something we are trying to do on behalf of and for the stakeholder
group and its constituencies.

I believe that in order to fully oversee the implementation of our requests
- if we manage to get any of them out - the FC would need to actually know
them, as well as the submission process. By that we could do a proper
follow up of what worked and what didnt. And imho, helping us draft them
would be a way of getting the FC actually involved in the process.

Last but not least, I dont agre that anyone here is trying to micromanage
anyone. We are trying to actually put an ABR proposal forward and continue
to work for the constituencies. Such accusations do nothing but expose our
work. If after reading this email you continue to think asking the FC to
help us draft ABRs is an attempt of micromanaging, consider helping us
without your FC Hat and simply as constituency member - and if your other
volunteering work keeps you from doing so it is also fine. (I myself have
taken a few break from reading the Geonames public comment due to the ABRs)