[NCSG-FC] Urgent: NCSG ABRs

Thato Mfikwe thatomfikwe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:05:27 EET 2019

Hi all,

I requested Maryam to remove all ABRs subnitted by the FC as per the
request from the NCUC and NCSG chairs.

The lack of communication is becoming a serious problem, as I dont remember
seeing any call for ABR submissions on the NCSG mailing list and last year
it was still not clear how ABRs will be subbmitted. The only thing
solicited this year was just community comments not participation.

There was still no discussion within the FC on submitted ABRs? We must be
objective in our critism.

It is only an assumption or excuse that, "had the ABR template been
acceppted, then it means all requests submitted were not going to be
discussed with Chairs or ECs", because the discussion was about to be made
public before it got rejected by 2 chairs at FC level, there was no intend
to faciltate community submissions single handedly, the proceess was
intended to be inclusive as that is how it started off.

If nobody is getting joy or gaining trust from FC activities and actions,
then it would be proper to get a clear recommendation on what needs to be
done to further prevent this problems from reoccuring. Anyway this is the
first incident of the FC where something was submitted without
consultation, but if this warrants action then I do not see the reason why
we should be throwing words around as apposed to making recommendations and
taking action. Is the FC that horrible, if so, what do you recommend?

NOTE: The FC values inputs from observers, although decisions and voting is
made by the FC members themselves according to the charter.

My action as per your recommendation: I removed the ABRs, so what other
change do you wish to see happen?

Thato Mfikwe.