[NCSG-FC] Questions and comments/current state of the FC OP

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 05:29:13 EEST 2018

These are the major points of discussion on FC draft operating procedures
(I might have missed something, so it's not an exhaustive list)

1.The charter states that FC should:

 "Fulfill any other accounting, auditing or other prescribed financial
requirements as set by the ICANN Board of Directors for organizations
within the ICANN structure."

There are different interpretations of the "audit" function of FC. . What
does the word "audit" mean in the charter? Should NCSG FC have an "audit"
function and what would that function entail?
[those who have commented on the document believed that NCSG  FC does not
have an audit function]

2. The necessity of FC members to Attend ICANN meetings in person
Do FC members have to attend ICANN meetings to be able to carry out their
obligations? i.e. should a travel budget be allocated to them for this
purpose?
[Members who commented do not think that FC should have to attend ICANN
meetings in person, Remmy disagrees on the doc]

3. Should FC provide oversight management/monitoring of its constituencies
and propose a budget for its constituencies? [members who commented think
not and that it's outside of its remit]

4. Members raised: There should be accountability measures predicted in the
charter for the finance committee. What are our plans to address this issue?

5. Allocation of funds. based on Remmy's suggestion of
40%NCUC-40%NPOC-20%FC was not received well by those who commented, so I
removed it and added the previous language I had suggested.

6. SVP is a complicated term, I removed it, members who commented agreed on
its removal.

Farzaneh