[NCSG-FC] FW: FC meeting at ICANN63 Barcelona

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 01:17:35 EEST 2018

Hi Farzaneh
Please can you explain what you mean by "Because I  cannot."
Thanks

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 8:00 PM farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>
wrote:

> can everyone already go to this meeting (do you have funding?)? Because I
> cannot.
>

> Farzaneh
>

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 2:58 PM Remmy Nweke <remmyn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Mr Chairman,
>> Outline well noted and is ok by me. It will offer FC opportunity to deal
>> with community perspectives as they arise and create more better
>> understanding of FC going forward.
>> Regards
>> Remmy
>>

>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 7:34 pm Thato Mfikwe, <thatomfikwe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I just wanted to check with everyone if the following would suffice for
>>> ICANN 63 please note I am not ignoring Farzaneh's comment:
>>>
>>> - Participation in NCSG outreach activities or inreach efforts: the role
>>> of FC would be to present and introduce the FC and outlines some of the
>>> current and planned FC activities. This will require that the FC sits on a
>>> panel of a relevant workshop or meeting (Information sharing and creating
>>> awareness)
>>>
>>> - Development of an agenda centered around resolving the FC OP and its
>>> synergies with the NCSG Charter, the role if FC is to lead this meeting
>>> with the NCSG membership in attendance as this will also enable members to
>>> understand the role of the FC and how to support.This meeting could also
>>> look at other things but the OP and the Charter remain critical to
>>> effective operation of the FC when 2019 commences. *This was recorded
>>> in minutes of our last meeting.*
>>>
>>> - Attending an ICANN meeting (any meeting to be clear), will help the FC
>>> keep up with discussions around ICANN Budgets, Reserve funds and other
>>> funds kept by ICANN, these will ease the communication with ICANN finance
>>> and other potential external funders for fundraising purposes and ensuring
>>> C's and the SG receive fair and equivalent.
>>>
>>> *Looking forward to your thoughts, Maryam wants to submit a request on
>>> our behalf by Friday and of course it will be subject to the entire NCSG EC
>>> approval. *
>>>
>>> It is  not helpful for members to take FC issues to the public mailing
>>> list although anyone can see mail threads of the FC, can we please avoid
>>> opposing each other because we all have different views and as leaders we
>>> need to *avoid falling on to the trap of insubordination* because it
>>> will always pose problems to the proper functioning of the FC, it seems
>>> like this also needs to be repeated, as it seems like the FC is in
>>> competition with itself.
>>>
>>> The charter has provisions on how decision can be made within the FC if
>>> members cannot reach consensus but we do not want to go to that route
>>> because we want an environment conducive to collaboration and harmony, but
>>> if needs it be, we will have to visit the charter to obtain direction and
>>> guide incase of contention of ideas or perspectives, no one person or
> [...]
Remmy Nweke, Esq lead strategist/group executive editor, DigitalSENSE
Africa Media Ltd, publishers of: [DigitalSENSE Business News | ITRealms |
NaijaAgroNet] Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza Bolade Junction,
Oshodi, Lagos-Nigeria 234-8023122558, 8051000475, 08033592762, 08172004283
Remmyn at gmail.com