[NCSG-FC] My comments and edits on the FC operating Procedures

Thato Mfikwe thatomfikwe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:47:51 EEST 2018

Hi all.

1. Thanks for all the efforts going into making an input on the OP. Today
we need to develop a clean document to be shared publicly with the
community tomorrow. For purposes of presenting a unified FC OP document I
would like to recommend the following edits to clean up the document.

*Sections requiring edits based on current comment (subject to your
comment):*
Section 1: Obligations of FC members
iii. Lets leave the way Farzaneh has amended it
iv. The FC does not manage constituency funds

Section 2: Opening an account
ii. The edits made are not material to the extend that they require
consensus, edits already made are ok

Section 3: Use of constituency bank account
Edits done by Farzaneh seem to be accomodative with me

Section 4: Vacancies and removal of FC members
i & ii. It is cumbersome to have this clauses and as they are difficult to
monitor
iii.
a. Few edits were made but please feel free to provide your comments
c & d. Removal
e. Needs to be rephrased or deleted

Section 5: Disbursement of funds
v. A formula or approach on how finances should be disbursed needs to be
developed and approved by the NCSG EC, seems like there is no consensus on
the FC regarding this
vi. Not sure why Farzaneh deleted this because constituencies need to plan
their expenses for financial planning purposes, failure to do so will
result in fruitless and irrational spending and uninformed decisions to
fund constituencies, please provide your comments

2. I will go through the remaining sections and send an update so that we
have the document ready by 17pm UTC tomorrow. We now need one penholder
that will fairly express the view of the FC while acknowledging minority
views and comments in completiontion of this draft OP. Remmy initially was
the penholder, @Remmy, are you still up for it?

3. Anyway, there is something I am not understanding, why is James Gannon
editing and deleting content on the document? If someone can be kind to do
an introduction because the document is still under development by the FC.
If we can agree on 1 penholder we can close the editing rights and discuss
other issues via email, thanks.

Thato Mfikwe.

.