[NCSG-FC] CIVICRM

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:32:53 EEST 2018

Farzaneh

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 4:14 PM Thato Mfikwe <thatomfikwe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Farzaneh,
>
> Thanks for the detailed update but just wanting to ask and check the
> following:
>
> 1. When communicating with PIR, please copy the FC in all communication so
> that we can keep track and kindly introduce the FC if possible.

As I said, it would be a possibilty to contact PIR and I don't personally
want to do it at the moment. has to be dealt  with caution.

> 2. I do not think the FC has to obtain directives from NCUC treasurer on
> how to carry out its business, it may however consult on and explore
> various options and still decide on the appropriate method to manage NCSG
> finances, of course taking into account concerns and inputs from involved
> and affected parties.

I think FC is in a state of confusion and I believe it is because of lack
of knowledge about how NCSG and its constituencies have worked so far. And
the more I try to explain, the less we are getting anywhere.
If NCSG requests to use NCUC bank account and NCUC treasurer says no, then
NCSG has to accept that. I don't understand what you mean by NCSG will not
get directives from NCUC treasurer. I never said that.  NCUC treasurer just
did not allow NCSG to use NCUC bank account. And they have all the rights
to do so.

> 3. The current arrangement of how payments are made needs to be corrected
> if not improved, as the current system of using external accounts in
> complex and makes it difficult to track spending and inflows.

Yes. Please think of ways to improve it. But the reason is not that it it's
difficult to track. It has been reported. The reason is that you don't want
me to pay out of my pocket and be reimbursed.

> 4. Thanks for helping out with payments for the discovery and development
> process but would be best to receive all related information and supporting
> documents before payments are initiated.

I upload invoices all the time on Google doc. But I have come to know that
no good deed goes unpunished. So please sort this out as soon as you can
and come up with a plan to do whatever with NCSG finances.