[NCSG-FC] NCSG Special Budget Request

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Jan 19 10:51:52 EET 2017

Hi Farzaneh, others,

As I see it, FC is the appropriate place for reviewing the, let's
say formal aspects of budget requests, making sure they're possible
by the rules - just like the point Ed made below.

Other aspects, like the desirability of the proposal and practical
arrangements would be more EC's area.

This specific case I see mainly as NCUC-NPOC joint operation, where
NCSG is just facilitating and coordinating - one of NCSG EC's specific
functions by our charter is "Coordinationg among NCSG Constituencies".

When constituencies prepare a plan in cooperation, there's little
for the NCSG EC to do though - it would be rather surprising if
constituencies' representatives there wanted to block things in
such a case, nor the Chair, unless there's something really odd
in the works like a potential legal problem or the like.

But, I have already (immediately after sending this to the FC)
notified the EC that this is in the works, they can follow the FC
discussion on the archives, and as soon as FC approves the request is
viable from their perspective I'll move the discussion to the EC list.

Tapani