[NCSG-FC] Moving Forward

Sam Lanfranco lanfran at yorku.ca
Sat Jan 14 17:19:25 EET 2017

Ed.,

As part of getting the history of financials sorted out you might want
to ask both Robin Gross and Milton Mueller if they have any information
they can share. I hear occasional rumors (false news) that Milton might
administer some funds (NCUC?, NCSG?) but I don't know. Would be worth
clearing the air there. Also, in other work I do with the International
Society on Third Sector Research (ISTR) I get government updates on the
tax status of U.S. NGOs. Something in ipjustice was in their releases a
couple of times last year. I think that ipjustice administers no funds
for anything in the NCSG constituency but am not sure. Robin could be
asked to clear the air there as well.

As for NPOC, I am now treasurer and we are in the process of moving the
account from Belgium, where Rudi administered it, to Canada, where Joan
Kerr and I will administer it. I have our transactions records on the
Belgium account for 2014-2015 (in Dutch) and hope to have the 2016
records shortly. Things are not moving as fast on that front as I would
like so I had to lend NPOC funds for the successful Hyderabad NPOC
outreach session, so I am eager to complete the transfer of funds to the
Canadian account.

Tapani is on top of the information with regard to funding the new
membership database project.

Sam

/On 1/14/2017 9:43 AM, Edward Morris wrote://
/
> /HI Sam,/
> //
> //
> //
> /Excellent points./
> //
> //
> //
> /As we know, the NCSG has no bank account. When Robin Gross was Chair
> of the NCSG she did raise money and hold events but I believe the
> financial part was always done through the NCUC./
> //
> //
> //
> /Tapani, you've been the leader within the NCSG and NCUC  in trying to
> both open up the archives of these organizations and to bring
> transparency into the current processes. Can you tell us anything
> about the past history of the NCSG FC or, indeed, anything to do with
> finance in our SG? /
> //
> //
> //
> /I do understand we did receive funds last year for the new database.
> Would you be able to tell us what procedure a group lacking a bank
> account used to receive and spend the monies? I think that will help
> identify some areas we need to work on./
> //
> //
> //
> /I will also note that in terms of equity, that our SG does include
> two constituencies that do interact with ICANN in many ways. I take
> our remit under the Charter to include insuring our two constituencies
> are treated fairly by ICANN. Thoughts?/
> //
> //
> //
> /Thanks,/
> //
> //
> //
> /Ed/
> //
> //

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
  邦有道,贫且贱焉,耻也。邦无道,富且贵焉,耻也
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: Lanfran at Yorku.ca   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  https://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852