[NCSG-FC] Acknowledgement, thanks and request

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Fri Jan 13 22:58:05 EET 2017

Thanks Tapani and Sam.

 I think we all know that we haven't used the Finance Committee to its full potential. I look forward to working with both of you, the NCSG EC and our great membership in building this vital part of the NCSG.

 The NCSG Charter ยง2.6.5 states that "when possible, as enabled for example by an ICANN meeting, a face-to-face meeting of the NCSG-FC will be held". To fulfil our Charter obligations, I would like to ask Chair Tarvainen to schedule a full meeting of the Finance Committee for the next ICANN general meeting, ICANN 58, in Copenhagen.

 I would propose that we then ask ICANN CFO Xavier Caldez and his team to shift his committee's presentation and consultation from the General Meeting of the NCSG to that of the Finance Committee. The Charter tasks the Finance Committee to "work with ICANN finance officers to insure the NCSG and its Constituencies receive fair and equivalent financial support from ICANN". I believe that hosting the ICANN CFO and his team at our FC meeting will enable us to do just that.

 Thanks again for your confidence and I look forward  to working with everyone on the FC.

 Kind Regards,

 Edward Morris