[NCSG-FC] FY18 - NCSG requests

Sam Lanfranco lanfran at yorku.ca
Sun Feb 5 23:34:04 EET 2017

All, Just to underscore a correction here. As a member of the NPOC
constituency I have heard nothing about an NPOC boycott of the Abu Dhabi
meeting. As to what individuals who have NPOC, NCSG, NCUC, or whatever
membership intend to do, I know nothing and, unless they make formal
proposals to the NPOC membership, I don't really care. At that level it
is none of our constituency business.

Sam Lanfranco

On 2017-02-04 6:40 AM, Edward Morris wrote:
> Hi Farzi,
>
> As you know traditionally Supplemental Requests have come from the
> Constituencies. I'm happy to see that NCUC and NPOC have been working
> together on a joint proposal and I would be happy to shape up and
> submit as an NCSG request if the entire FC agrees. As you know I had
> made several suggestions to your initial submission; I'm still waiting
> to hear back.
>
> As for other requests:
>
> 1. To the best of my knowledge none have come from the NCSG EC;
>
> 2. Anna Loup had expressed interest in possibly doing a joint NCUC -
> NPOC event in the UAE.I took this to NPOC and was told they intend to
> boycott the Abu Dhabi meeting;
>
> 3. I am putting together a small request based upon upcoming expenses
> the NCSG Chair has previously notified the NCSG that is coming true;
>
> 4. I am exploring the possibility of submitting a request to cohost an
> event with a GAC member at the Latin American meeting (site to be
> determined);
>
> 5. Given discussions surrounding the intersessional meeting I would
> like to submit a request for a beta travel policy involving firms that
> assist members in obtaining visas for ICANN meetings - unless both
> constituencies intend to do so. Feedback requested.
>
> Of course. I'm sure the FC would be open to submitting a Supplemental
> Request proposed by any of our members. This is not a zero sum game
> and the more requests from the noncommercials community for
> expenditures that fit with ICANNs operational plans should be encouraged.
>
> A reminder: deadline for submission is February 10th.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Ed Morris
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 3 Feb 2017, at 22:29, farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
> <mailto:farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ed and all,
>>
>> I was wondering what NCSG plans are for making additional budget
>> requests and what have we developed other than the policy capacity we
>> have proposed?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Farzaneh

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
YorkU email: Lanfran at Yorku.ca   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: 613 476-0429 cell: 416-816-2852