[NCSG-EC] [NCSG-PC] ICANN81 NCPH Day 0 Draft Agenda

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Sun Oct 20 12:56:06 EEST 2024

Hi Rafik,

> I got some comments

Good!

> For housekeeping item, I understand about the topic of members
> management  but the agenda seems implying we might end up with house
> team. I am personnaly not keen on such commitment. Design by committee
> is the last thing we need.

I am pretty sure we will arrive at "our requirements are so different
that a common system might not make sense", but it is a discussion
worth having.

> I am also wondering about some wording such as "wallflowers in the dance
> of anger" or when they say" imbalances between CP and NCPH", an
> assertion that will influence the discussion.

It stems from a rather strong feeling by especially BC that while
we all are equal in the ICANN ecosystem, some are more equal than
others. They look at stuff like the board colocating their board
workshops with the Contracted Parties Summit in Paris (2024) and
Hanoi (2025) while it seems we can't even get the board to join
us at the one-day 0-day in conjunction with ICANN81 (and our
request for a 0-day in Kigali was rejected). The assumption,
fair or not,  is that this is also reflected in policy matters,
as the contracted parties have much more access to the ears
of the Board and staff.

On the other hand, Paul has been pretty good at reminding that
we should not sound like whining children.

> In general I sense that is an agenda more driven by CSG concerns most of
> the time?

Suggestions for changes/additions are warmly welcome!

	Julf