[NCSG-EC] More ICANN81 travel...

Jean F. Quéralt JFQueralt at theiofoundation.org
Sat Jul 6 18:16:55 EEST 2024

While I'm unfamiliar with past habits/conventions/(unwritten) rules, if the
slot is available I do see it as a net positive for the incoming chair to
be there. It does make a lot of sense to me.

Jean

On Sat, Jul 6, 2024, 22:34 Johan Helsingius via NCSG-EC <
ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:

> Technically the NCSG EC gets 3 travel slots. It has been a convention
> (but not a firm rule) that one goes to the chair, one to the NCSG
> rep, and one to the NPOC rep. My suggestion is that this time it
> goes to the incoming rather than outgoing chair - it is not a
> situation where an EC member would be unable to use their slot.
>
>         Julf
>

> On 06/07/2024 16:08, Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele wrote:
> > Technically I have no objection except anyone wants to apply the
> > previous rule that was heavily debated by announcing this on the list.
> >
> > On Sat, Jul 6, 2024, 8:46 AM Johan Helsingius via NCSG-EC
> > <ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is <mailto:ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is>> wrote:
> >
> >     As I get travel to Istanbul as incoming councillor, I don't need my
> >     NCSG EC travel slot. Would anyone be against using it for Rafik in
> >     case he is able and willing to travel to Istanbul? I think it would
> >     be very useful to have him there.
> >
> >              Julf

**DISCLAIMER**
*The content of this message, which may contain personal or
sensitive data, is confidential. If you have received it by mistake, please
inform the sender by replying to the email and then permanently delete the
message, including any attachments. It is forbidden to copy, forward or in
any way reveal the content of this message to anyone. The integrity and
security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet and,
therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damage caused by the
message.*