[NCSG-EC] NCSG Wiki - Sections updates

Pedro de Perdigão Lana pedrodeperdigaolana at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 00:57:30 EEST 2024

Hi EC,

I was checking our wiki
<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Home> for information
that needs to be updated and found some sections that could be modified. To
optimize the possible results of this idea, what do you all think about
listing the sections of our wiki that could be either (a) updated or (b)
improved? Can you help me with that?

After we get a list, we have a lot of newcomers eager to help with
something and this could be a way to direct their energy and efforts to
something very helpful to the overall public - researching up-to-date info
and recent non-commercial activities and consolidating them all in our
wiki, while also looking to cut down repeated pages or information among
the various NCSG/NPOC/NCUC pages that currently exist.

Here are my thoughts:

   - Leadership (its four subsections need to be updated: Leadership Team;
   Committees; Representatives;    Outstanding Actions/Requests/Deadlines)
   - NCUC and NPOC sections (here, we actually have something more to
   discuss - wouldn't it be better to just link to the wiki pages of these
   constituencies? Meaning
   https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomuserconst/NCUC-Home and
   https://community.icann.org/display/NPOCC/NPOC+Home, instead of having
   another content within the NCSG wiki page)
   - How To Get Involved ("Guide To Getting Started In NCSG" seems
   redundant with the main page of this section, "Getting Involved In Working
   Groups" could be improved, but it is ok, and "Participating in ICANN
   meetings" is blank)
   - Meeting Records are deeply outdated
   - Who is our current finance committee, to check if that section should
   exist as something separated from other sections?
   - NCSG - CRM (do we have something substantial to add here, or it should
   be deleted?)

Cordially,

*Pedro de Perdigão Lana*
Lawyer <https://www.nic.br/>, GEDAI/UFPR <https://www.gedai.com.br/>
Researcher
PhD Candidate (UFPR), LLM in Business Law (UCoimbra)
Coordination/Board @ NCUC (ICANN) <https://www.ncuc.org/>, ISOC BR
<https://isoc.org.br/>, CC Brasil <https://br.creativecommons.net/> and IODA
<https://ioda.org.br/>
This message is restricted to the sender and recipient(s). If received by
mistake, please reply informing it.