[NCSG-EC] Old mailing list joining requests

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 19:08:14 EET 2023

I guess i did not make my explanation clear earlier, so let me explain
below.

1. Julf asked wrote and I quote "Many of the lists aren't active anymore.
My suggestion is to simply discard them, as they are rather old. What do
you think?"
2.  What I suggested was that since this email triggers subscription
requests from members and non-members, why not deactivate (which I think
was what everyone agreed to including your kind suggestion as well.) Then I
went further to mention that it will be nice to ARCHIVE them while
deactivation not to accept subscription requests has been implemented.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify further. However, I think that
we are saying the same thing.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2023 at 10:40 AM Tapani Tarvainen via NCSG-EC <
ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 04, 2023 at 05:15:42PM +0100, Johan Helsingius via NCSG-EC (
> ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is) wrote:
> > On 03/01/2023 22:42, Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele via NCSG-EC wrote:
> >
> > > Just a little caution, deactivate and archive so we don't loose
> > > institutional memories we need to refer to later.
> >
> > Good point. I wonder how stuff like this has been archived previously.
>
> I don't think discarded/rejected subscriptions or messages from
> non-members have ever been archived in the past.
>
> It would not be too hard to make a listing of them before discarding
> them though, and I guess a place for saving that could also be found.
>
> I'm not sure I see the need though; perhaps it'd be enough to note
> the numbers, how many messages or subscription requests were
> rejected on each list?
>
> --
> Tapani Tarvainen

*Caleb Ogundele*