[NCSG-EC] Approval of new members

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Tue Nov 15 18:53:56 EET 2022

On 15/11/2022 17:34, Bruna Martins dos Santos wrote:

>     Although Im not sure if Im one of the chairs that 'failed to point
>     Julf to the Operating Procedures'

Just want to clarify that no, you were not one of the ones - I have
never asked you about the Operating Procedures.

> what we did before was to also
>     have formal discussions about the candidates when we saw that it was
>     a case where one of the EC members was heading towards a 'no'.
>     Bearing in mind our consensus rule, I always thought that such
>     meetings were useful because it allowed for a proper discussion
>     about missing points in membership applications and even information
>     requests to prospective members.

Indeed, that sounds like the best way to do it in normal circumstances.
Currently we have such a backlog of applications (due to the issues
with the approval system software) that I was hoping for an expedited
approach for at least those applications that no-one had any issues
with.

Currently we have the confusing situation of the partially broken
approval software in parallel with discussions at actual EC meetings.
Right now it seems the major issues/concerns come from us not being able
to see the website or statements of interest even if the applicants
have submitted them.

	Julf