[NCSG-EC] [Ext] Re: Fwd: Travel Slot replacement - Applications on the additional document

Andrea Glandon andrea.glandon at icann.org
Wed Aug 17 21:26:25 EEST 2022

Hello all!

Reminder that the travel slots are due tomorrow.

Thanks!
Kind Regards,
Andrea

From: NCSG-EC <ncsg-ec-bounces at lists.ncsg.is> on behalf of Bruna Martins dos Santos via NCSG-EC <ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is>
Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 11:25
To: Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele <muyiwacaleb at gmail.com>
Cc: NCSG EC <ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is>
Subject: [Ext] Re: [NCSG-EC] Fwd: Travel Slot replacement - Applications on the additional document

Heya, Caleb,

I don’t think I fully understood the intention behind your request but maybe it’s interesting to start asking members to state their gender self-identification on any upcoming application forms in order to ensure that we have some level of gender balance in future selections and so on.

My issue with determining members gender like you did is due to the fact that it’s not everyone that identifies with the gender they were born with and I would not like for the EC to be responsible for misidentifying anyone. But having said that, I have always tried and aimed for gender balance in all our funded traveler calls and so on.

Now going back to the current call, I see you and Bukola voted for Bolutife, but given he already attended last meeting and we also want to use this sponsored slot for new names, I’d like to ask you whether you or Bukola would like to change your vote to Razoana. She was the runner up last time we opened a call and is someone that’s looking for an improved engagement with NCSG.

What do you think ?