[NCSG-EC] Fwd: WS2 Mapping Inventory and Next Steps for the NCSG | Requested response by Thursday, 30 September

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 18:12:36 EEST 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Chantelle Doerksen <chantelle.doerksen at icann.org>
Date: Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 7:08 PM
Subject: WS2 Mapping Inventory and Next Steps for the NCSG | Requested
response by Thursday, 30 September
To: Bruna Martins dos Santos <bruna.mrtns at gmail.com>, Maryam Bakoshi <
maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>, Brenda Brewer <brenda.brewer at icann.org>
Cc: Jamal LeBlanc <jamal.leblanc at icann.org>, Carlos Reyes <
carlos.reyes at icann.org>, Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org>

Dear Bruna,

As follow-up from our call with you and the other GNSO SG/C leaders on
Thursday, 5 August (call recording
<https://icann.zoom.us/rec/play/EC2J_MnLICCtKMZ3njiez8gmT8-vd8f5KKoD7hMTx685J0yTFOcnGkCZSXKn4qWUaYZ9fEeyFG8J7E37.qjzfrfKY8hlHzecV?startTime=1628168673000&_x_zm_rtaid=SELK-6DpQo-WAQybG5zoIw.1629124410352.da9182bfe280f00c43036bc28bd798ad&_x_zm_rhtaid=304>),
we are sharing the first part of an inventory of Work Stream 2 (WS2)
recommendations that staff has mapped for the Noncommercial Stakeholder
Group (NCSG). Please note that the focus is on those WS2 recommendations
directed at the community and which are intended for each individual
SO/AC/Group to decide whether to implement: viz. *Recommendations 1.2 - 1.6*
(on Diversity
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ccwg-acct-ws2-annex-1-diversity-final-recs-27mar18-en.pdf>),
and *Recommendations 6.1 - 6.5* (on SOAC Accountability
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ccwg-acct-ws2-annex-6-soac-final-recs-27mar18-en.pdf>
).

*Scope of the initial mapping inventory:*

The inventory is intended to be a preliminary gap analysis of the
above-noted WS2 recommendations, mapped to your group’s current governance
documents (e.g. your Charter or group bylaws) and, where applicable,
operating procedures. The attached document covers Recommendations 6.1 -
6.5. Staff is currently conducting a similar mapping exercise for
Recommendations 1.2 - 1.6 that we will circulate when complete.

For the other WS2 recommendations that were directed at the community
(i.e. Recommendations
1.1 & 1.7
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ccwg-acct-ws2-annex-1-diversity-final-recs-27mar18-en.pdf>;
Recommendation 2.3
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ccwg-acct-ws2-annex-2-good-faith-guidelines-final-recs-27mar18-en.pdf>;
and Recommendation 3
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/ccwg-acct-ws2-annex-3-hr-foi-final-recs-27mar18-en.pdf>),
these were the subject of discussion at the SOAC Chairs Roundtable meeting
in June as they are recommendations for which either community coordination
and prioritization may be required or information sharing beneficial. In
this regard, we hope that your group will be able to provide your opinion
as to whether you support the suggestion to have an ad-hoc group of
community representatives perform that coordination, prioritization and
information-sharing work. As we mentioned on last Thursday’s call, ICANN
org has asked that the SOAC Chairs revert with their respective community’s
feedback by the next Roundtable meeting (currently expected to take place
in September.)

We wish to emphasize that the Cross-Community Working Group on
Accountability for WS2 made it clear that decisions as to implementation
and prioritization of these recommendations are voluntary. We are also
mindful of the community’s workload, especially at this time and in
consideration of the many important policy topics that your group is
working on. We therefore hope that the staff-prepared inventory is helpful
to your group’s review of the relevant recommendations.

*Mapping inventory*:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xxPZjIjrjLBiKjcgWKbhhxWhbsBdcRudCqRDl4W5UlY/edit#gid=0

*Next Steps*

As a first step, we hope that completing a review of the inventory will
allow your group to decide which (if any) of the relevant recommendations
it wishes to implement. To the extent that the decision is to implement any
specific recommendation, the next step can be to determine the relative
priority, timeline and implementation method for each such recommendation.

We will be happy to support your group in this effort. If there is a
specific point of contact or any particular members of your group that we
should be working with, we will be grateful if you can let us know who they
are. We would also like to suggest *Thursday, 30 September *as a possible
due date to aim for completing the initial inventory review for
Recommendation 6. *Please let us know if you would like us to schedule a
call with you or your group’s representatives to discuss the inventory*.
Thank you.

Best regards,

Chantelle, Carlos, and Mary

--

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

German Chancellor Fellow 21' (Bundeskanzler-Stipendiatinnen) | Alexander
von Humboldt Foundation <https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/>

Member | Coalizão Direitos na Rede <https://direitosnarede.org.br/>
Chair | Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group at ICANN
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg>
Co-Coordinator | Internet Governance Caucus  <https://igcaucus.org/>

Twitter: @boomartins <https://twitter.com/boomartins> // Skype:
bruna.martinsantos