[NCSG-EC] Fwd: Re: Termination with our current host, and GDPR issues re transfer

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Sat May 9 19:45:37 EEST 2020

Hi Steph

To be more specific (and succinct), I don't read us in any of the
exceptions of Art 2.2. Hence what we do must be within the material scope;
being unincorporated or otherwise "informal" does appear to change anything
to me. And while the bowling league might arguably fall within the
household exception, that exception is construed quite strictly by the CJEU
and I honestly don't think we qualify. Mostly based on the fact that we are
a "we" (albeit informal) and not just one guy keeping tabs on the bowling
league folks in an excel sheet.

As for Wapix I'd be surprised, but what I want to make sure of is that they
do not "do" anything with the data on their own. If they simply take our
orders, then they are confined to the role of processor. As long as Wapix
does not plan or does not seek to interpose anything between the
commitments we take and what they themselves do, then I think they do not
have to be "compliant." But who knows - they might have some policy lying
somewhere that says they will comply anyway. They might have European
customers.

To be clear, I don't think their compliance status matters so much, to the
extent that they don't anything else with the data besides what we ask them
to do for *our *purposes.

Have a nice day,