[NCSG-EC] call for volunteers for Council

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Sat Jan 11 00:51:30 EET 2020

Here is the revamped Tapani letter folks. Tell me what you think.  Farell told me he was opting for Africa, I will check back to be sure Nathalie has not changed that.
cheers Steph

Dear all,

As you aware, I put out a call for volunteers to replace Farzaneh Badii on the GNSO Council, prior to the Christmas break, closing Dec.28. Members of the NCSG EC felt that the confusion surrounding the discussion of regional affiliation warranted a second call, and in the meantime I regret to inform you that Martin Silva has announced his resignation effective February 1, so we now have two places to fill. NCSG Executive Committee needs to appoint these two temporary alternates to replace them as soon as possible. If you are interested in the job, please let me and Maryam Bakoshi know as soon as possible, but no later than Monday January 20 (one week from now). The appointment is on the agenda of the EC meeting on xx, and we'd want to have list of names at least two days in advance so we'll have time to review them. Please explain why you think you'd be good for the task and confirm you could commit to the time it takes. Jumping in to the council mid-term is not easy, so experience is one key criteria for the EC in considering the appointment. Given the discussion about regional representation prior to the holidays, please let us know which region you declare you represent in your SOI. For reference, the accurate representation on Council at the moment, following the announced resignations, is the following:

Rafik Dammak         Asia Pacific

Tatiana Tropina     Europe

Elsa Saade             North America

Farell Folly             Africa

The term extends until ICANN69 in the fall of 2020, although the appointment can be made for a shorter time if the EC so chooses. If this makes a difference for you, for example if you'd only be able to do shorter time, or if you would not be interested in a shorter appointment, let us know that, too. Thank you, -- Stephanie Perrin