[NCSG-EC] rescinding my resignation from the position of Chair of NCSG

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 13:46:16 EET 2019

Took a little break from the emails during the weekend, but wanted to put
it here for the record that I am thrilled that you decided not to continue
with your resignation, Steph! That might make Raph the interim chair for
the shortest period of time at icann, but its definitely for a good cause.

Lets keep on doing the good work and avoiding the fuss, at the meeting we
did meet some consensus around collecting the issues that would be present
at the 'ethics policy' (or whatever is the name it will end up with), so
lets move on with it ;)

Le dim. 10 nov. 2019 à 03:36, U Of T <stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca> a
écrit :

> Thanks Robin!  I can’t say I am doing cartwheels with enthusiasm just yet,
> but enough of the new, quiet folks talked to me that I felt a pretty strong
> sense of duty to keep going,
> Cheers steph
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 9, 2019, at 15:39, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:
>
>  Dear Stephanie,
>
> I’m so glad to hear that you will not resign after all, as your hard work
> and contributions are enormously appreciated by this EC and the members,
> even though sometimes it sure doesn’t feel like it.   Thank you for
> reconsidering your initial resignation.
>
> All best,
> Robin
>
> On Nov 8, 2019, at 8:59 AM, Stephanie Perrin via NCSG-EC <
> ncsg-ec at lists.ncsg.is> wrote:
>
> After considerable thought, I am rescinding my resignation as Chair, based
> on the supportive messages I have received from a number of members and
> leaders in our group.  I still think I have to deal with a significant
> demonstration of a lack of confidence in my leadership, but I am going to
> work on that.  I will send a summary of the progress we made here in our
> meetings to the NCSG list, and I may mention that I was considering
> stepping down after our meeting Tuesday, just in case the rumour mill has
> caught up with me.
>
> I want to thank Raph for stepping forward to help and act as Interim
> leader, and I hope I can count on to help me with the job description for
> Chair.  We can also work on interim standards for behaviour on the list and
> in face to face meetings, whcih I will of course send to all ECs prior to
> send to the list.  It is clear that someone will have to stop disruptive
> behaviour and if the consensus is that it is the job of the Chair, then I
> shall tackle it, with reinforcement from the Ombudsman as necessary.
>
> Thank you for bearing with me during what has been a difficult time.  I
> look forward to your help and cooperation as we move forward to improve the
> functioning of our stakeholder group.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Stephanie Perrin

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *