[NCSG-EC] Today's meeting with Wapix

Raphaël Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 23:02:20 EET 2019

Dear all,

Just had a call with Wapix regarding outstanding issues with our members
database, with Josh who is project manager and Jordan whom he is currently
onboarding; I presume she will take over once the currently outstanding
issues are dealt with.

The service provided by Wapix has been uneven to say the least, and we've
had quite a few technical problems with CIVI (which is the CRM we use;
think of it like Wordpress) and with that bane of a front end we use at the
EC to evaluate and approve new members. I understand that there have been
problems for a while, much before I was even around ;)

Given these recurrent problems, it was thought we could switch over to
CIVIcase, which is a specific implementation of CIVI which would offer most
of the functionalities we need in a more streamlined way.

The downside of that, is that it would certainly require *more *development
blocks than what we have paid for now, meaning more money out of our
pockets.

Hence what Josh suggested is that we deal with outstanding issues in a more
individual manner, using the development time already accrued. There's a
handful of such issues, which range from display problems in the front to
the upgrade to a newer version of CIVI.

As for communications generally, we'll be dealing directly with him for
what's currently outstanding and once this is done I understand he might
pass the puck to Jordan.

Hence Tapani: you can CC me when you contact Wapix, and feel free to
forward me anything you get regarding CIVI (and Farzaneh, if she wants to,
although I doubt it by now;)) Updating CIVI to the newer version is indeed
part of the "outstanding" issues.

So EC people, let me know what you think of the plan. TLDR: either we go
for a more integral rehaul with the near-certainty of additional costs (and
high uncertainty in terms of the actual amount of those costs,) or we opt
for a more modest option of "just" dealing with whatever is outstanding for
now, for which the plan is to use development time we currently have "in
bank" with them (that is, time which has already been paid for)

As for others, this is more a FYI than anything else!

Depending on our decision, I will then be in touch with Josh for
implementation and I will report back as things move forward.

Have a nice day,

Raphael