[NCSG-EC] Farzaneh Badii resignation

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Sun Dec 15 15:44:27 EET 2019

We have just received a formal resignation from Farzi.  I am sorry that efforts to get her to stay have failed, but I guess that we have to proceed with finding a replacement for the remainder of her term.  The Charter specifies that we select a replacement, not run an election, but we could run an election, there is nothing to prevent it.  I prefer to run democratic processes wherever possible, personally, but if it is your preference to stick to the precise words of the Charter, that is fine.  I am waiting for Farzi's formal resignation on the NCSG discuss list, if it does not transpire shortly, I would suggest that we go to the list and seek parties expressing an interest.  Thoughts?

Stephanie

NCSG Chair