[NCSG-EC] Arsene's travel slot transfer

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 23:04:32 EEST 2018

Hi

Here is the call I drafted. I will send this as soon as possible to give
applicants time to apply.
Unfortunately one of our council members cannot make it to Barcelona. Hence a
travel slot has become available.
Please send in you motivation letter to me by 22 September at 12  UTC.  and cc
Maryam Bakoshi.
Your motivation statement should  include the requirements of operating
procedures. Please indicate if you would like to be the alternate on the Council
and provide the necessary documents as required by the procedures to be
submitted to NCSG EC for consideration. 1. The Motivation Statement must explain
    in detail why the applicant would like to attend the meeting, provide
    evidence of full and verifiable engagement in Domain Name System policy
    deliberations, proof that the applicant has previously attended calls and
    contributed to PDPs, NCSG Policy Committee meetings and other relevant
    policy and related meetings, and explain why their physical presence is
    important for this meeting, mentioning specific tasks they commit to carry
    out on behalf of the NCSG. The tasks must be related to the NCSG and advance
    the NCSG’s interests at that specific ICANN meeting.

    If the applicant is to be an alternate to a GNSO Councillor, he or she
    should have an understanding of how the Council works and have observed
    their meetings beforehand. They must provide a letter of recommendation from
    either a) the Chair of the NCSG Policy Committee, or (b) a serving member of
    the Council in his or her second term.

    While Executive Committee’ travel slots may be allocated to newcomers,
    newcomers should commit to attending  sessions of the NCSG leading up to the
    ICANN meeting, as well as undertaking revision and background reading on at
    least one internal governance document and a PDP.

    The applicant must commit to attending the ICANN meeting fully, be at the
    meeting venue every day, and be present to the greatest extent possible at
    all NCSG meetings, constituency meetings, GNSO Council meetings, and PDP
    sessions for which they have expressed interest in their Motivation
    Statement. If the selected applicant does not appear to be present at the
    venue without justification, s/he will not be eligible to be allocated a
    travel slot in the future. The decision of such ineligibility will be made
    by the NCSG Executive Committee (in the evaluation of at least two members).

    The NCSG Chair or ICANN support staff will send all eligible requests
    received for travel support to the NCSG EC mailing list. Ineligible requests
    are those applications that do not have Motivation Statements. (If a
    Motivation Statement is missing and the application has been received well
    before the deadline, the NCSG Chair or ICANN support staff will endeavor to
    remind the candidate to re-submit their application before the deadline with
    the Motivation Statement completed.) In addition, after the deadline has
    passed, the NCSG Chair or ICANN support staff will inform any applicants
    whose application was unsuccessful due to being incomplete. An application
    is incomplete if it only expresses the desire to travel but does not provide
    a detailed justification for being present during the meeting and fulfill
    the criteria set out under section 4

Read more about the operating procedures here:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Operating+Procedures#OperatingProcedures-996937310