[NCSG-EC] Quotations for CIVICRM Services and the Company of Choice

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 03:06:10 EEST 2018

Hi all,

I have two Quotation for CIVICRM System.

Would be good to learn from our mistakes, so here is what I think we should
do:
Do not go for a service that we pay thousands of dollars upfront to do
service.

Do not do hourly rates but have an extensive SLA that includes everything.

I will share with you the quotation off-list because the companies do not
want to share it on the list.

I contacted several companies, having found their contact details at this
website: https://civicrm.org/service-providers

I chose two companies which I will send their full proposals off list.

I chose these companies because they responded very promptly and
their understanding of our mission and organization was good.

One company took much time to discuss various issues with CIVICRM and told
us how it can help. It also came up with various packages to see if they
can fit our budget.

The other company was also good, they also provide one off trainings which
I have enrolled Maryam to attend if she can (expense went out of pocket, I
might later on claim it or just leave it be. It was not much.

Note that one company has provided quotations for some development aspects
as well, that is why it is more expensive. Also the SLAs of the companies
and the services that they provide are not similar. The one that is more
expensive provides more services.

Note that ICANN might not allow Maryam to help us with managing CIVICRM at
some point in the future (still under discussion). If that happens then we
definitely need a lot of technical help and deepest and support to be able
to maintain the system ourselves without taking too much of our time.

All in all I believe we should go with the company that is providing more
services with its SLA on monthly basis, doesn't have a limit on the number
of people that can access the backend  and they told me that they might be
able to solve many of our problems with the system through their incident
response which we get five of (did not promise but might be possible) per
month. We can get their service for 6 months, resolve as many issues as
possible and then see if we want to carry on with them or if the system is
stable and it's all good and we only need some technical support by the end
of 6 months we can move to cheaper options.

They don't have an annual subscription and we can cancel SLA anytime after
6 months which is a plus.

Since we already paying for hosting then we won't need hosting. The less
expensive Company will oblige us to migrate to their hosting environment.
This might be a solution later on because the managed service is really
needed. We already paid around 560 Euros for our hosting so for now we
won't move.

*Here is the price: for company A*:
- discovery and onboarding phase: 2250 USD

- Monthly support with SLA: 577USD a month (does everything)

- tackling membership issues, developing a good interface for membership
approval: Estimate of  6,750 USD

*Company B:*

- Onboarding phase= 2640 USD

- Monthly subscription = 480 USD (including Drupal maintenance, only 2
people can access 40 dollars additionally if not possible)

Best

Farzaneh