[NCSG-EC] Board Seat no.14/ Procedure Proposal

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:22:05 EET 2018

I'm a little disappointed, that neither you or Rafik even commented on my
earlier proposal, which I think is somewhat clearer.

Questions on your proposal:

1) Why is there a NOTA? Has that actually ever made things easier?
2) Why is there a threshold of 8 votes for winning?
3) Does a joint NCPH interview mean that candidates and interviewers will
be from both SGs?

NCSG, CSG and NCA leaders have to agree on one consensus
> candidate to run for the election.

4) This actually says that consensus would be reached for only candidate
and then it would not make sense to have elections anymore. I think you
meant that both SGs decide on their best candidate but what would then be
the consensus candidate of the NCA?

I think the worst part of your proposal is, that it will be relatively hard
to secure all of those eight votes and if it doesn't happen, the whole
thing is restarted god knows how many times.

For those of you that missed it, here's my proposal:

*Let's have two rounds, where on the second round we have only the two
candidates that got most votes in the first round. In case the first round
results in a tie of three or more candidates, the SG that has two or more
candidates has to choose one for the second round. Both SGs would have one
candidate each on the second round, despite the results in the first round.*

*Having the first round with more than two candidates, means that all the
NCPH councilors get a say on the best candidates, instead of just their own
stakeholder group. This way, we can get the opinion of all the NCPH
councilors on the prospective candidates through votes, instead of trying
to guess which of the SG's candidates would go through better.*
*Also, we could make the vote anonymously, to also avoid peer pressure from
inside the stakeholder group. The amount of candidates for the first round
can not exceed the amount of GNSO councilors in the SG. *

-Raoul