[NCSG-EC] Constituency review - questionnaire draft

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Mar 3 13:27:12 EET 2017

Dear all,

As discussed in our last meeting, I've updated the planned
constituency review questionnaire. I hope to be able to send
it out before Copenhagen meeting, preferably early next week.

Comments welcome.

---------------------------------8<---------------------------------

Dear Chair,

NCSG Executive Committee is conducting Constituency Review, as required
by NCSG Charter 2.3.3, to determine if any recommendation should be made
to the Board regarding a change in status of any Constituency.

To that end we ask you to answer to the questions below.

1a) What is the purpose of your constituency, as defined
    in your bylaws?
    (Preferably both link to your bylaws in the web as
    well as copy of the relevant text.)

1b) Are all your members also members of NCSG (yes/no)?
    (This is just formal confirmation that you fulfill
    the requirement in NCSG Charter.)

1c) What is the the common interest or background of
    your membership and the focus of your group?

2) Do you have a publicly dynamic, publicly (world-readably) archived
   mailing lists and where their archives can be found (URL)?
   Please provide a brief description of the list(s), in particular
   if they are used for actual decision-making or only discussion.

   If you have other, non-public fora that are used for
   decision-making or significant discussions within your
   constituency, please describe them as well.

3) Do you participate actively in relevant NCSG and GNSO
   PDP Working Groups or Work Teams?

   Please provide as complete as possible list of such groups or teams
   and names of your people who've participated in them over the
   years 2015 and 2016, noting also any who've been Chairs or Co-Chairs.

4) Have you participated actively in submitting comments and
   other policy statements to the NCSG and GNSO?

   Please provide as complete list as possible of such comments
   and statements you've made during 2015-2016, with links to
   where they've been published.

   Please also describe the process how your constituency makes
   and agrees on public comments, in particular including if and
   how non-members can contribute.

5) Do you have a list of your current membership publicly
   visible in the web? If so, where (URL)?

   Do you have at least 10 participants who've signed up to
   an updated SOI?

   If your public member list does not have links to SOIs,
   please provide a list (links to SOIs) of at least 10
   of your members.

For all questions: If you have plans or projects in progress
that may affect your situation in the future, including but
not limited to changes in your bylaws, please describe them.

Please reply to me by 15 May, 2017, even if you can't come up with
complete answers to all questions by that time. We will to ask for
more details and clarifications as needed and engage you in discussion
about possible problems, and welcome any questions or concerns you may
have about this before answering.

The intent is to complete the review by ICANN59 meeting in Johannesburg,
but we may take longer if needed.

Sincerely,

Tapani Tarvainen
NCSG Chair