[NCSG-EC] [Ext] Re: Election timeline

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sat Jul 8 10:07:57 EEST 2017

Dear Maryam,

Thank you, but I think that would be rushing things too much.
We still have a fair amount of things to do before the election,
it'd be hard to get everything done this fast (it'll be hard
anyway but losing another week could make it impossible).

And the deadline of 1 September isn't hard, it's based on
GNSO Chair election timeline, and for that it won't really
make any difference whether we announce our results on
Friday 1 September or Monday 4 September; cf.

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2017-July/020160.html

So I suggest we stick with my original timeline.

I would also like to have an EC call on the week beginning 17 July,
preferably in the beginning of the week (Monday or Tuesday) if
possible, to decide election-related issues and clear member
application queue before the election.

Maryam, please set up Doodle poll for possible times on that week (as
usual hours that aren't between midnight and 6am for anybody, not too
many of those).

Thank you,

Tapani