[NCSG-EC] NCSG GNSO Councilor resignation?

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Jul 6 10:16:03 EEST 2017

Dear Robin,

Yes, I remember that conversation with Stephanie. Ed had told me
before ICANN59 that he's getting a new job and plans to resign from
the council after the meeting, and when I last saw him there he seemed
resolved to do it, so I did think it's for real - but I've been wrong
before. And I certainly didn't say or think he'd already resigned
in Johannesburg.

As for ncsg-discuss mailing list, he's in "no delivery" mode, which
means he doesn't get the messages in his inbox but can post - people
often do that to avoid inbox overflow during travel or simply as an
alternative way of following a list they don't want cluttering their
email. (I know Ed has been doing that on a number of other lists, so
that didn't worry me.)

Leaving CCWG and CEP without explanation is worrysome; it could be
just cutting down his workload or something else.

So something seems to be going on, but what exactly, remains to
be determined.

In any case I have received no resignation message, indeed Ed has not
replied to my emails or Skype messages after Joburg. So I have nothing
actionable now, only rumours and speculation.

I will try to find out more and keep you up to date, although as
already noted I'll be on the road with limited connectivity for
another week.

Tapani